Rich, red poppies dance and play on the sides of the Duncan® Oh Four® pitcher with the help of Duncan® Concepts® Underglazes and your creative touches.
1. Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. Pour some Pure Brilliance into pitcher and roll around to coat inside. Pour remainder of glaze into clean container. Let dry.
3. Place clay carbon paper on pitcher with pattern on top. Trace over pattern lines with a pencil to transfer image onto pitcher.
4. Use No. 8 Round to brush three coats Really Red onto the petals. Let dry after each coat.
5. On palette, mix a small amount of Black into the Really Red to create a darker Red. Refer to photo and paint in shadows and establish individual petals.
6. Use the No. 1 Liner to pull in lines of darkened red created in previous step in the center of each flower, leaving some white spaces for highlights. Let dry and add lines of Black, then stipple Black around flower centers as shown.
7. Pour Bright Green onto palette and a small puddle of Dark Kelp. Use No. 1 Liner to brush paint stem with Dark Kelp.
8. Use No. 6 Round to paint a series of Bright Green leaves using the “press and pull” technique.
9. Load tip of brush with Dark Kelp and lay tip of brush at bottom of leaf where it connects to stem. Brush out toward the wider part of leaf.
10. Add a little Black to the Bright Green and using Liner brush, detail leaves further. Let dry well.
11. Sponge on one coat Pure Brilliance to outside of pitcher, carefully applying over painted areas. Let dry. Using Fan Glaze brush, carefully brush a second coat of Pure Brilliance over outside of pitcher. Let dry.