Create a special display piece for a special little one’s room or play area. Add letters for a name, nickname or special word and then string together and hang.
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Wipe pennants (number needed to spell out name) with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Use simple block letters to spell out name (approximately 2” high). Trace letters on contact paper and cut out.
- Remove backing from letters and stick to center of each pennant. Make sure edges are well sealed.
- Brush three coats Neon Red to each pennant including back. Let dry.
- Cut some masking tape and lay across pennant (top to bottom). Leave 1” space between each strip of tape.
- Dilute some Black to a light wash and brush across the open spaces between tape pieces. Let dry.
- Remove tapes and re-tape in the opposite direction leaving an inch between tape pieces.
- Brush same diluted Black mixture on the open spaces. Let dry. Remove tape pieces.
- Where the Blacks intersect, color will be darker. Use Liner brush and paint in a solid Black. Let dry.
- Remove the stencil letters. Clean edges or smears if necessary.
- Stilt each pennant on kiln shelf and fire to cone 06.
- Brush a coat of Pure Brilliance to the white, bisque letters. Let dry. Add a second coat to cover the whole pennants. Let dry.
- Stilt each and re-fire to cone 06.