Ahoy mateys! If you love all things pirates, then is the mug for you. From the bandana headband to the eye patch and bones handle this skull mug screams for your swashbuckling creativity.
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Wipe mug with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Brush a coat of Black over the teeth and mouth opening. Let dry.
- Use damp sponge to wipe back the teeth going against the carved lines to leave dark separation between each tooth.
- Brush two solid coats of Really White to skull and across teeth. Repeat with handle.
- Brush two coats Bright Straw inside eye. Let dry.
- Dip a speck of Really Red into the Bright Straw and brush around outer area of eye opening. Let dry.
- Line around eye with Black. Blend in Bright Gray and float out color from eye socket. Brush in Black pupil in center.
- Brush two solid coats of Black on eye patch and center of nose.
- Use Liner brush to paint space between teeth with Black.
- Dilute some Bright Gray and float color under cheek bones.
- OPTIONAL: Paint a neck bone on back of skull as desired.
- Brush three coats Really Red to bandana. Paint knot on back with Black. Let dry.
- Brush bottom of mug with 2-3 coats Black. Let dry.
- Stilt on kiln shelf and fire to cone 06.
- Brush Gold to tooth. Let dry. Stilt and fire to cone 018.