Create a gift that will be forever treasured. The Duncan® Oh Four® beer growler is the perfect setting for a personalized touch with a name or initials. Then once the decorating is done it’s even more fun filling it up!
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Remove growler lid and set aside. Wipe growler with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Pour some Pure Brilliance inside growler. Roll around glaze to coat inside of growler then pour out remaining glaze into a clean container.
- Trace and cut out a 2½” circle from shelf paper.
- Remove backing and adhere to side of growler.
- Brush three coats of Black Satin to growler including base and about ¼” inside opening. Let dry.
- Brush three coats of Black Satin also to growler cap leaving the small lip that fits into the opening unpainted. Stilt and let dry.
- Remove circle stencil. Center and draw a 2¼” circle inside.
- Brush two good coats of Black Satin inside the 1¼” circle leaving a thin, white outer circle.
- Using Liner brush, carefully brush a coat of Pure Brilliance inside white bisque ring. Let dry.
- Stilt growler and lid and fire to cone 06.
- USING GOLD: Work in a well-ventilated area. Pour small amount of gold on paint palette. Dip tip of Liner brush in gold and carefully paint inside the thin, white circle border. Lightly chalk initials inside black circle, then paint with Gold over the black. Let dry.
- Clean brush with Essence and wipe. Wash brush with soap and water and use only for applying Gold.
- Stilt growler on kiln shelf and fire to cone 018.