Indulge your sweet tooth with serving ware that’s decadently dressed in rich color! Create this peppermint-inspired sweets and soda set with the Duncan® Oh Four™ Classic Ice Cream Dish and Wavy Salad Plate coated in vibrant Concepts® Underglazes.
ICE CREAM DISH
1. Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. Cut out circles from pattern.
3. Position various size circle patterns on dish and lightly trace around circles.
4. Freehand draw four swirls inside each circle. Refer to photo.
5. Run a strip of tape just above the foot of dish as shown. Firmly press along bottom edge of tape to seal.
6. Using Fan Glaze, brush three coats of Neon Red inside cup, letting dry between coats.
7. Use the No. 4 Liner to brush three coats of Neon Red in the four swirls of each circle to create peppermint candies. Let dry.
8. Dampen the No. 1 Liner and lightly load with Light Grey. Brush a fine line of Light Grey along the penciled outline of circle between the red swirls. Heavily dampen bristles and brush over the Light Grey outline, pulling some of the color inwards, gradating and creating dimension on the candy. Let dry and create a second fine line of Light Grey on the outer edge of white sections. Let dry.
9. Brush three coats of Neon Red on the base of dish, letting dry between coats. Let dry then remove tape.
10. Trace swirl pattern onto tracing paper; cut out. Position on plate and trace around with pencil.
11. Use the No. 4 Liner to paint outline of swirls with three coats of Neon Red. Fill in remainder of swirls with the Fan Glaze, letting dry between each coat.
12. Paint only white sections of plate with Pure Brilliance® and let dry, then paint entire plate with another coat of Pure Brilliance®. Let dry.
13. Paint two coats of Pure Brilliance® on back of plate, letting dry between coats. Let dry.
14. Stilt plate and dish on kiln shelf and fire to witness cone 06.