It’s easy to show your patriotic side with the Duncan® Oh Four United States plate. Add red, white and blue artistry to finish the job. Makes a great serving piece at your next patriotic holiday celebration.
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Wipe plate with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Measure approximately 2” x 2” space on upper left corner for the stars.
- Lightly with pencil, mark off stripes (approximately ¼” thick).
- Lay quarter-inch tape across every other stripe beginning with one below the very top of flag. Make sure there are 13 stripes beginning with the Paprika Red on top.
- Lay strips of tape under the Paprika Red stripes. Make sure edges are sealed well.
- Brush three coats of Paprika Red in the red stripes. Let dry.
- Carefully trace in the stars and paint around them with Bright Sapphire in the unpainted area of flag.
- Measure approximately ¼” around the rim of plate and paint border with three coats Bright Sapphire. Let dry.
- Place unpainted side of plate down on kiln shelf and fire to cone 06.
- Brush a coat of Pure Brilliance over the white, unpainted areas. Let dry, and brush a second coat over entire plate. Let dry.
- Stilt and re-fire to cone 06.