Whether you’re sitting down with the family for a favored flick or serving up some party snacks, this popcorn bowl is a must! Cover it in bright colors and creativity for a dish that looks good enough to eat.
1. Wipe ware with a damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. Use a fine-tip marker to trace “POPCORN” pattern onto contact paper and cut out letters.
3. Remove backing from letters and popcorn and carefully place on side of bowl as shown. Press firmly around all edges of letters and popcorn pieces to make sure they are well adhered.
4. Trace individual popcorn pieces on another piece of contact paper and cut out. Remove backing and stick randomly around bowl.
5. Use the Fan Glaze to brush three coats of Red Wagon over entire outside and bottom of bowl. Let dry.
6. Remove contact paper lettering and popcorn designs.
7. Use the No. 6 Round to brush three coats of Dark Turquoise on letters. Let dry.
8. Refer to pattern and picture of popcorn. Paint a few dabs of Willow Yellow in center areas of popcorn. Add a small dab of Sierra Yellow on edges of the Willow Yellow sections for definition.
9. Pour small amount of Smoke Grey on palette. Water down to make a light grey wash. Brush in some areas of each popcorn piece to add dimension. Refer to photo. Let dry.
10. Using liner brush, outline letters with Black. Let dry.
11. Stilt and fire to cone 06.
12. Brush two coats of Pure Brilliance onto entire bowl. Let dry completely.
13. Stilt and fire to cone 06.