- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any dust.
- Thin a small amount of Carbon Chiffon with water to a milk consistency. Working with one piece at a time, pour inside vase and lid, and roll around for even coverage. Pour out excess and wipe away any drips with damp sponge.
- Trace small oval design eight times on contact paper with clay carbon and pencil. Cut out, peel backing and press evenly around upper part of vase. Press down firmly to keep color from leaking underneath. Trace large teardrop design on a plain sheet of paper, cut out and use it as a pattern to trace directly around lower part of vase.
- Use Liner and Round brushes as needed to apply 3 coats of Carbon Chiffon to lid, top part of vase right over contact paper and on bottom teardrop designs. Let dry after each coat. While last coat is still slightly damp, lift corner of contact paper with straight pin and gently peel off to remove.
- Use No. 8 Round brush to apply 3 coats of Distressed Denim to center band. Let dry after each coat.
- Use Drop and Fill Technique to apply 3 coats of Light Grey to small teardrops and background area behind large teardrops around lower part of vase. Fully load Liner brush with Light Grey until it appears to almost drip off tip of brush. Gently drop color into center of area and use tip of brush to move color toward outer edges of each teardrop and background area. Reload as necessary. Color will appear to be very heavy. Try to keep color even in application. A second coat can be applied if color seems too thin. Also apply to bottom of vase. Let dry.
- Stilt and fire separated pieces to shelf cone 06.
- Loop wire through handle and shape into teardrop shapes.