- Clean greenware, using TL 401 Cleanup tool. Smooth out with damp sponge. Fire to shelf cone 04.
- Remove dust and condition ware, using dampened sponge.
- Pour enough IN 1001 Clear Glaze to roll inside of vase evenly. Pour out excess glaze.
- Pour out a large puddle of SN 366 Black on a piece of foil paper. Apply 3 coats to vase up to inside of rim, using SB 807 No. 6 Fan Glaze. Letting dry between coats. When vase is completely dry, place on a folded towel, blanket or even a pillow, to prevent paint from chipping off on hard surface.
- Trace design on vase, using carbon paper and pencil, being careful not to press too hard.
- Outline whole design with FD 258 Pure White.
- Let dry. Fire to cone shelf cone 06.