Inspired by the tiger nautilus shell, this boldly colored design can be found in nature and is one of the most popular shell shapes. The shape best represents the laws of growth and makes a fun piece to decorate and display.
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Wipe lid and box with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Brush two coats Pure Brilliance to inside box and lid. Let dry.
- Place lid on box and line up incised line. Lightly with pencil continue curve of line on bottom half of box so they will match up when painted.
- Paint three coats Bright Salsa in space between incised lines. Continue painting lines on bottom portion of box. Let dry and repeat with two more coats. Let dry.
- Use Liner brush to paint two thin lines between the painted stripes (see picture) and continue lines to bottom of box. Let dry.
- Paint thin line of Bright Salsa in carved section of coil to darken. Float color out to create dimension. Let dry.
- Dip stiff brush into Dark Salsa and flick bristles back with finger to create spattering over lid and box sides. Let dry.
- Stilt box and lid on kiln shelf and fire to cone 06.