1. Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any dust.
2. Trace pattern on plate with clay carbon and pencil.
3. Dampen the No. 4 Liner brush with Brush Cleaner and squeeze out excess before loading with Wax Resist (this will protect the brush). Apply 1 good coat of Wax Resist to mosaic lines, snow circles and snowflake sprig on hat. Allow Wax Resist to dry thoroughly before proceeding. Clean brush.
4. Pour a puddle of each Concepts color on separate areas of foil. Use No. 4 and No. 8 brushes as needed to apply 3 coats of each color to following areas (let dry after each coat):
Dark Black: hat, eyes, mouth.
Bright Wine: star on hat; use one thin coat to create blush on cheeks.
Bright Purple: bowtie.
Bright Papaya: nose.
Light Nautical: background and back of plate (leave face unpainted).
5. Outline snowman’s face, nose and bowtie with No. 1 Liner brush and Cobalt Jet Black. Gently remove excess color from resist areas with a dampened sponge before firing.
6. Stilt and glaze fire to shelf cone 06.
7. Apply 2 coats of Clear Glaze with Fan Glaze brush completely over plate. Let dry after each coat.
8. Stilt and glaze fire to shelf cone 06.#C4855