Let your contemporary side blossom with a cake plate that’s as pretty as your cake! Modern blooms in subdued colors are the perfect complement to the gentle curves on the Duncan® Oh Four® Scalloped Dinner Plate.
1. Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. Place clay carbon paper on center of plate with pattern on top. Trace over pattern lines with pencil to transfer design onto center of plate.
3. Using No. 4 Round and Liner brushes as needed, brush three coats of the following colors onto flower:
- Sungold Yellow: center and third layer of petals
- Spring Green: first layer of petals
- Ivory Pearl: second layer of petals and scalloped rims
- Purple: outer layer of petals
4. Set plate directly on kiln shelf (dryfoot) and fire to cone 04.
5. Use the Fan Glaze to brush two coats of Pure Brilliance onto entire plate and pedestal base.
6. Stilt and fire to cone 06.