Add a soft touch to your holiday tree with this ceramic version of a classic mitten. The conventional design and colors make it perfect for a traditional tree.
- Wipe ornament with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Lay strip of tape across mitten where thumb begins. Lay another strip approximately ¾” down.
- Mark off ¼” strips on mitten cuff.
- Brush three coats Dark Wine into the strip and three coats to two sections of the cuff (refer to photo). Let dry.
- Remove tape. Brush three coats Neon Red to upper and lower areas of mitten and to two of the stripes on the cuff. Let dry.
- Make zig-zag lines across the dark strip across mitten using the white French Dimensions. Add dots to tips. Make same zig zag lines down the stripes on cuffs.
- Make 1” circle at top center of mitten. Trace snowflake pattern and transfer to mitten. Draw over snowflake using French Dimensions Pure White. Let dry.
- Repeat with reverse side of ornament as desired or brush three coats Neon Red or Dark Wine to back. Let dry.
- Stilt ornament on kiln shelf and fire to cone 06.