Bring the majesty of the sea indoors with this beautiful underwater scene serving bowl that features the magnificent sea turtle. Duncan Crystal Glazes combined with Color Burst Crystal Chips create a mysterious underwater scene that’s breathtaking.
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Wipe bowl with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Trace turtle on contact paper and cut out to create stencil.
- Remove backing from stencil and apply clear side to center bottom of bowl making sure edges are well sealed.
- Brush three coats Moss Green to inside, outside and bottom of bowl around turtle stencil. Let dry.Remove turtle stencil.
- Brush three coats Aged Moss to turtle. Let dry.
- Use pencil to lightly freehand shell pattern. Or, if desired, transfer design from pattern.
- Use Liner brush to outline turtle shell and add eyes with Black.Let dry.
- Mix color chips with a little Aged Moss and apply to each section of shell.
- Mix color chips with some Moss Green and apply to top and edge of bowl. Apply liberally to allow chips to drip. Let dry.
- Stilt bowl on kiln shelf and fire to cone 06.