Not every couple is all about the wine or champagne; some go for a robust cup of Joe! This Valentine’s Day, create a romantic set of painted ceramic mugs for you and your honey that is sure to set the mood all day. Great for coffee, tea, or even champagne if you like to be different!
1. Wipe mugs with a dampened sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. Use the Fan brush to brush three coats of Really White onto each mug, excluding the handles.
3. Use a sharpened pencil to lightly draw a mustache and the words, “I mustache you for a kiss” on one of the mugs. Draw lips and the words, “A kiss for a kiss” on the other. Refer to photo.
4. Use the No. 6 Round to paint the handles with three coats of Bright Aqua and Dark Pink as shown, and paint the bottoms of mugs with Light Straw. Brush Dark Pink around the rim of each mug.
5. Use the Detail brush to fill in the mustache with three coats of black. Fill in the lips with Dark Pink and paint Black over the wording. Outline the lips with Black as well.
6. Use the tip of one of the brush handles to create Bright Aqua dots around the rim of each mug. Let dry completely.
7. Use the Fan brush to brush three coats of Pure Brilliance onto each mug. Let dry.
8. Stilt and fire to cone 06.