Create a contemporary spin on this Grecian-styled jug. The bright lemon yellow is perfectly complemented by the light blue swirls—a great project for Concepts®.
1. Place the piece on the banding wheel. Thin CN 123 Dark Nautical with water. Using the No. 4 liner brush, place bands of CN 123 Dark Nautical on the piece as desired, leaving space for the design.
2. Place the transfer paper underneath the pattern and transfer onto the piece using the ballpoint pen.
3. Place the transfer paper underneath the pattern and transfer onto the piece using the ballpoint pen.
4. Basecoat the lemons evenly using the No. 8 round brush loaded with CN 012 Bright Straw.
5. Using the No. 8 round brush, apply CN 022 Bright Saffron using broad strokes on top to shade the lemons.
6. Add definition and apply accent spots to the lemons using the No. 8 round round loaded with CN 033 Dark Butternut.
7. Basecoat the leaves evenly with generous strokes using the No. 8 round brush loaded with CN 181 Light Kiwi.
8. Create a shadow stroke down the center of the leaves using the No. 8 round brush loaded with CN 172 Bright Kelp.
9. Create the stems using crude strokes to simulate the wood of the stem, using the No. 4 liner brush loaded with CN 232 Bright Briarwood.
10. Using the No. 1 liner brush loaded with CN 253 Dark Black, outline the pattern randomly as desired.
11. Place "S" shaped swirls on the background, using the No. 1 liner brush loaded with CN 111 Light Delft.
12. Place dots on the background as desired using the wooden end of the brush handle dipped in CN 123 Dark Nautical.
13. Allow the piece to dry thoroughly. Dip in CN 2000D Clear Dipping Glaze.
14. Allow the piece to dry. Stilt the piece and fire to shelf cone 06.