Get those creative wheels turning with the Duncan® Oh Four™ Provence Wedge Dish and Courtyard™ Art Glazes! Add E-Z Stroke™ Translucent Underglazes for antique effects.
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Place graphite paper on top of plate then place pattern over the top. Trace over images, transferring designs onto plate.
- Pour puddle of Saddle Clove onto foam plate. Using No. 4 Liner, paint around the cogs, nuts and screws and top part of plate. Refer to photo. Paint three coats, letting dry between applications.
- For lighter gray areas in cogwheels, paint three coats of Hearthstone, letting dry between coats. Let dry.
- Pour a puddle of Lava Slate onto plate. Paint three coats onto outer and inner area of wheel cogs and few random strokes on the background area to create an aged metal look.
- Pour a puddle of Molasses onto foam plate and paint three coats in cogs on the large wheel. Let dry after each coat.
- Detail nuts, screws, etc. with Cobalt Jet Black and Liner brush.
- Dilute some Cobalt Jet Black with water and load brush with diluted color. Flick across plate to create splattered effect. Let dry.
- Brush three coats of Saddle Clove to back of plate, letting dry between each application. Splatter with diluted Cobalt Jet Black. Let dry.
- Stilt and fire to Cone 06