The Duncan® Oh Four® scalloped salad plate and mug are the perfect setting for your ceramic garden. Duncan® E-Z Strokes® colors accentuate the pieces’ nature-inspired shapes for a colorful pairing that looks plucked right out of the garden.
1. Wipe plate and cup with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. Using pencil, pattern and tracing paper, transfer pattern to plate.
3. Pour puddle of Poppy Orange on palette. Dilute paint with water to a watercolor consistency.
4. Dip Fan Glaze brush into paint and begin brushing with one bold stroke from outer edge of plate to where the traced petals begin. Brush strokes can slightly overlap edge of plate and overlap into the traced petals.
5. Pour smaller puddle of Passion Red and dilute to wash consistency. Using same brush, paint wide strokes of Passion Red from the center of flower outward blending into the Poppy Orange.
6. Repeat with diluting the Pueblo Purple and brush from center outward blending into the Passion Red areas.
7. Load the No. 6 Round with the diluted Passion Red and brush along the outer edges of petals. Dip brush into some water and “float” into the remaining petal to blend. Continue with all Passion Red petals.
8. Load brush with diluted Pueblo Purple and lay brush on top part of each petal and stroke down toward the center. Let dry.
9. Using Liner brush, dip into the Passion Red paint, undiluted, and outline each petal.
10. Repeat with undiluted Pueblo Purple and outline outer petals.
11. Pour small amount of Black on palette and dip handle end of brush into paint. Make dots in the center of the Pueblo Purple part of the flower.
12. Use Stylus tool to carve lines within the Passion Red petals and lines in the Pueblo Purple around the black center dots.
13. Dry foot (no stilting required) in kiln and fire to cone 06.
14. Brush two coats Pure Brilliance to back of plate. Let dry after each coat.
15. Brush two coats Pure Brilliance to front of plate. Let dry after each coat.
16. Stilt in kiln and fire to cone 06.
20. Using the diluted colors, paint Poppy Orange on top part of handle followed with Passion Red, then Pueblo Purple. Blend colors. Let dry.
21. Place cup on shelf without stilt and fire along with the plate to cone 06.
22. Brush two coats Pure Brilliance to entire cup. Let dry after each coat.
23. Stilt and fire to cone 06.