A child’s faith in Santa speaks to the magic of the season. Create this serving platter to offer your favorite holiday treats with traditional Concepts® colors.
1. Clean and fire to a shelf cone 04.
2. Damp sponge ware before applying color.
3. Trace Santa and stars onto contact paper. Cut out, peel, and place onto plate. Draw simple stick letters with pencil.
4. Using SB 807 #6 Fan Glaze, apply three (3) coats of CN 113 Dark Delft in sky area. Remove contact paper before paint dries completely.
5. Using SB 811 #8 Round, apply three (3) flowing coats of CN 073 Bright Scarlet to hat and three (3) flowing coats of CN 222 Bright Blush to face, excluding eye.
6. Using SB 802 #1 Liner, apply 2 flowing coats of CN 022 Bright Saffron to stars.
7. Using SB 811 #8 Round, band inside rim and outside rim of plate with three (3) flowing coats of CN 172 Bright Kelp.
8. Using SB 802 #1 Liner, outline stars, details on face and paint letters with two (2) coats CN 253 Dark Black.
9. Using wood end of brush, dot Dark Black at ends of letter lines and dot Bright Scarlet between stars. Let Dry.
10. Dip piece in CN 2000D Clear Dipping.
11. Let dry, stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.