This Father’s Day get back to nature and show Dad you think he’s “reely” awesome by making him this fun fish plate. The Duncan® Oh Four® fish plate is the perfect setting for casting your creativity!
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Wipe plate with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Pour puddles Bright Straw, Bright Papaya and Bright Caribbean onto palette.
- Brush one coat Bright Straw across the midsection of fish.
- While the above color is still damp, brush one coat of Bright Papaya below blending into the yellow.
- Brush one coat Bright Caribbean to remainder of fish leaving the eye unpainted bisque. Let dry.
- Repeat steps 3 and 5 with a second and third coat of blending the neighboring colors and letting dry between coats.
- Lightly brush some Dark Sapphire on top edge of fish and feather into the existing color to blend. Repeat with tail. Let dry.
- Paint 2-3 coats of Bright Straw in eyeball.
- Make fine lines and dots in tail with Dark Sapphire and larger dots over body.
- Use pencil to freehand “DAD’S the PERFECT CATCH!” on lower section of fish.
- Paint wording with 1-2 coats Black.
- Make fine line around eye with Black and paint pupil with same. Let dry thoroughly.
- Carefully brush one coat of Pure Brilliance to entire plate. Let dry.
- Stilt and fire to cone 06.