Calm, serene, beautiful is how to describe a tropical Hawaiian sunset and you can recreate this incredible blue Hawaiian sight on the Duncan® Palm Tree Plate. An already-raised palm tree helps guide your design.
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Wipe plate with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Pour puddles of Dark Straw, Neon Orange, Neon Red and Neon Blue.
- Sponge Dark Straw across center of plate.
- While paint is damp, sponge Neon Blue above blending into the Dark Straw.
- Sponge Neon Orange a little below the Dark Straw blending the colors where they meet.
- Sponge Neon Red below blending into the Orange then follow with the Neon Blue at the bottom. Let dry.
- Repeat process of sponging and blending two more times. Let dry.
- Trace background pattern as desired or freehand on own design.
- Use Liner brush to paint silhouette in Black. Let dry.
- Paint back of plate with two coats Black. Let dry.
- Stilt plate on kiln shelf and fire to cone 06.