Harvest your creativity for the perfect balance of style and function. Decorate Duncan® Oh Four™ Harmony Ware Dinner Plates in a bounty of rich color from Cover-Coat® Opaque Underglazes and E-Z Stroke™ Translucent Underglazes for home or table décor that’ll never go out of style.
- Lightly wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any bisque dust.
- Pour a puddle of Neon Green on a piece of foil. Using the Fan Glaze brush, apply three flowing coats to each plate, allowing the color to dry between coats.
- Place clay carbon paper on surface of each plate, then place pattern over the top and trace with pen to transfer design onto each plate.
- Pour puddles of each E-Z Stroke™ color onto a piece of foil. Apply each color to the designated areas as follows, using the No. 1 Liner and No. 4 or No. 6 Rounds:
· Ivy Green: outline each grape, fill in the leaf with strokes from outer edge toward center veins; add any additional wash on grapes to strengthen color once other colors have been applied
· Roasted Chestnut: stems
· Mesa Clay: add highlights to each grape and wash in background
· Grass Green: shade lower edges of each grape and shade around leaf veins
· Ivy Green: wash on each grape around highlight
· Roasted Chestnut: darken wash in background
· Cobalt Jet Black: thin outline around each grape, stems and leaf; wash in deepest corners and around darker side of grape cluster
- Check the piece over and add any needed color to deepen contrast between grapes, leaves and background.
- Fire to witness cone 04.
- Using the Fan Glaze brush, apply two flowing coats of Pure Brilliance™ Clear Glaze onto each plate, allowing the glaze to dry between coats.
- Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.