- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any dust.
- Lightly sketch color placement, using pencil.
- Pour an amount of Very Black into container. Thin with a small amount of water. Pour some mixture into each vase. Roll mixture around inside until completely covered. Pour out excess. Wipe away any drips. Let dry.
- Gently shake jar of Forest Moss. Apply 2 coats to upper area on each vase, using 1” Glaze Brush and allowing some glaze to flow onto inside of vases. Let dry after each coat. Thoroughly mix glaze crystals throughout remaining glaze. Apply 1 coat of glaze to upper area. Let dry.
- Apply 3 coats of Sagebrush to center section of each vase, using 1” Glaze Brush and slightly overlapping Forest Moss. Let dry after each coat.
- Apply 2 coats of Clear to lower portion of each vase, slightly overlapping Sagebrush. Let dry after each coat.
- Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.
- After fired, handle piece with a paper towel to prevent hand oils from penetrating crackle glaze and interfering with antiquing. Place a small amount of Acrylic Black onto a piece of foil. Thin with water. Brush mixture onto Clear areas of vase, using No. 6 Round brush. Wipe off excess color before dry, using paper towels. Let dry.
- Place vases together. Tie floss around vases. Tie beads onto floss.