This popular geometric design is widely recognized and has great appeal as it is used for both modern and retro looks. The gold makes it even more special to give as a gift to someone or even keep it for yourself!
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Wipe box, lid and key with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Brush two coats Pure Brilliance to inside lid and top, inside box, sides and bottom and key. Let dry.
- Stilt each on kiln shelf and fire to cone 06.
- Horizontally tape off 1½” section in center of heart lid (keyhole should be exposed).
- Trace a triangle pattern on piece of cardstock or paper and cut out.
- Place triangle pattern over keyhole and trace around with marker pen using the tape as guide.
- Remove tape and continue laying pattern and tracing outline of triangles below and above the center triangles.
- To use Gold: Work in well-ventilated area. Pour a small amount of gold on palette.
- Use Liner brush to outline triangles and fill in with the No. 4 Round brush. Color of paint will be red in color. Let dry.
- Brush one side of key and sides with a coat of Gold. Stilt to dry. Repeat on reverse side. Let dry.
- Stilt lid, box and key on kiln shelf and fire to cone 018.
- Tip: To clean brushes, dip in Essence and wipe with clean cloth or paper towel. Wash with soap and water. It is a good idea to use the same brush(es) for gold application only.