This garden dwelling little creature is known for its distinctive spiny coat. Popular as a household pet, this endearing little guy is perfect because he only requires a little creative painting and no feeding or cleaning!
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Wipe hedgehog with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Lightly with pencil draw a mask around hedgehog’s facial features (eyes, cheek, nose and under mouth (refer to photo).
- Brush a solid coat Dark Briarwood to ears, inside sketched mask and feet. Let dry and add a second coat. Use Liner brush to feather out outer edges to simulate fur.
- Brush a solid coat Dark Briarwood to hedgehog’s body. While paint is damp use sponge to wipe back paint to leave the color in the carved lines. Let dry.
- Brush a coat of Light Ginger over the body with the Fan Glaze brush brushing against the carved texture. If desired, paint bottom of hedgehog with 2 good coats also. Let dry and repeat.
- Using Liner brush, paint inside mouth with a solid coat Light Pink.
- Use Liner brush to paint in eyes, inner ears and nose with two coats Black. Let dry well.
- Lightly brush a coat of Pure Brilliance over hedgehog. Let dry.
- Stilt on kiln shelf and fire to cone 06.