Everyone needs a lucky mug! St. Patrick’s Day is the perfect occasion for painting one that adds a smile to your face; use Duncan® Concepts® for adding a little green magic to what will surely end up being your favorite new mug.
1. Wipe mug with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. Place clay carbon paper on flat side of mug above the opening with face pattern on top. Trace over pattern lines to transfer pattern onto mug.
3. If desired, transfer shamrock on back center of mug.
4. Brush three coats of Bright Kiwi onto shamrock(s) and inside of cookie opening, inside of mug, and handle.
5. Use No. 1 Liner to paint eyes, brows and mouth with two good coats of Black. Let dry completely.
6. Place mug on kiln shelf and fire to cone 06.
7. Brush one coat of Pure Brilliance onto all green areas of mug. Let dry.
8. Brush two coats onto remaining areas, including bottom of mug. Let dry completely.
9. Stilt and fire to cone 06.