Give your blooms a happy home in these stylish and unique handled vases. They stand tall and proud and welcome pretty blooms all year long. Create a unique design by combining Duncan Artisan and Crackles glazes with Bisq-Stain Opaque Acrylics.
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
ALL THREE VASES:
- Wipe vase with damp sponge to remove bisque dust from all three vases.
- Pour some Pure Brilliance inside vases, roll around to coat sides and pour out remaining in clean container.
SHORT HANDLED VASE:
- Brush two coats Clear Crackle glaze to the central area of vase leaving approximately an inch around base. Let dry.
- Brush three coats Marbled Celadon on remaining areas of vase including the spout opening. Let dry.
LONG NECK HANDLED VASE:
- Brush two coats of Clear Crackle glaze a little below the handle down to the base and bottom. Let dry.
- Brush three coats Marbled Celadon to remaining upper area and handle. Brush visible areas of opening also.
- Stagger the paint a bit going into the Celadon. Let dry.
DOUBLED HANDLED VASE:
- Brush two coats Clear Crackle glaze on upper part of vase just below lip, around handles and remaining area leaving approximately 1- 2” staggered near base. Let dry.
- Brush three coats Marbled Celadon to handles and lip around opening of vase and the unpainted area at base. Stagger the paint and slightly brush into the Clear Crackle. Also brush 2- 3 coats to bottom of vase. Let dry.
ALL THREE VASES:
- Stilt vases on kiln shelf and fire to cone 06.
- After cooling and the cracks have set in, dilute some Black Bisq-Stain and brush into the white areas of vase a section at a time.
- Wipe back with tissue to reveal cracks.