Store your trinkets in a skull box that’s stylishly spooky! Bring this grinning guy to life with Duncan® Concepts® Underglazes and Duncan® French Dimensions™.
1. Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. Using a pencil, lightly sketch triangular striped sections around the top of lid as shown.
3. Dip the No. 6 Round in water and side load in Black to create the shading around the eye sockets. Float two or three coats around the eyes until the color is strong enough.
4. Continue floating color as done above, with Dark Purple shading around teeth and Neon Red on the cheekbones. Add Light Sapphire shading to the ridges of the neck area on the back of the box.
5. Using the No. 1 Liner, fill in the long triangles on lid, alternating with Neon Red and Dark Purple. Float three coats of each color to the spaces, allowing the color to dry thoroughly between coats.
6. Using the No. 1 Liner, fill in the irises of the eyes with Light Saffron, then while the color is still wet, add Light Kiwi, swirling the color together.
7. Load the No. 1 Liner with Black then add the dot to the pupil of the eyes and fill in the nose cavity as well.
8. Thoroughly shake and mix the French Dimensions Black Licorice and create small jagged lines around top of skull, around the teeth and around the eye sockets. Create a line with “stitch marks” down center of nose.
9. After all color has dried thoroughly, carefully apply two smooth flowing coats of Pure Brilliance to the entire piece inside and out, being very careful not to smear the color on the outside. Stilt and fire to cone 06.