Ready to strut its stuff, this beautiful bird awaits your brush to add color and creativity to the long, stunning feathers.
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Wipe peacock with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Lightly with pencil draw design around eyes.
- Brush a coat Black on tail feathers on front and back.
- Take slightly damp sponge and wipe Black off leaving color inside carved areas of feathers. Let dry.
- Brush a coat of Bright Papaya over tail feathers leaving an eighth inch or so on tip going against the carved feather design. Let dry and repeat.
- Brush Bright Caribbean in the oval design on tail feathers and around the top edge of feathers. Let dry and add a second coat. Let dry.
- For back of tail, repeat with the Black antiquing and dry brush of Bright Butternut.
- Paint head, body (leave wings unpainted) with three coats Dark Sapphire.
- Paint beak, trim at base of crest on head with Bright Papaya.
- Make short Black stripes on wings following curvature (refer to photo).
- Paint feet two coats Light Gray. Paint bottom as desired. Let dry.
- Stilt on kiln shelf and fire to cone 06.