- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any dust.
- Lightly sketch horizontal sections onto vase, using pencil. Divide for following order of glazes starting at upper edge: Milky Way, Ocean Mist, Clear Crackle, Celadon Crackle, Parchment Crackle, Mocha Cream Crackle, and Carbon Chiffon.
- Place an amount of Carbon Chiffon into container. Thin with a small amount of water. Pour thinned glaze into vase. Roll mixture inside vase until completely covered. Pour out excess glaze. Wipe away any drips. Let dry.
- On lower section of vase, apply 3 coats of Carbon Chiffon, using 1” Glaze Brush. Let dry after each coat.
- Gently shake Milky Way. Apply 2 coats onto upper section of vase, slightly overlapping color to inside of vase. Let dry after each coat.
- Thoroughly mix glaze crystals throughout remaining glaze. Apply 1 coat. Let dry.
- Repeat procedure to apply Ocean Mist onto next section, slightly overlapping previous color. Let dry.
- Apply 2 coats of crackle glaze to each marked section, in order of colors as listed, using 1” Glaze Brush. Slightly overlap colors. Let dry after each coat. Allow last color, Mocha Cream, to overlap Carbon Chiffon.
- Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.
- After fired, handle piece with a paper towel to prevent hand oils from penetrating crackle glaze and interfering with antiquing. Place a small amount of Acrylic Black onto a piece of foil. Thin with water. Brush mixture onto crackle glaze areas of vase, using No. 6 Round brush. Wipe off excess color before dry, using paper towels.