Giving this mug a little creativity is no tall order. Just grab a brush and some color and get to work. You’ll love making a sweet mug that will definitely stand out from the rest.
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Wipe mug with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Refer to photo and use pencil to lightly draw in background (not trees).
- Brush three coats Light Blue Spruce in sky. Let dry.
- Brush three coats Dark Straw in grass. Let dry.
- Use Liner brush dipped in Bright Ginger and add linear strokes across areas of grass to create dimension.
- Brush three coats Bright Kiwi in distant trees (not Serengeti trees). Let dry.
- With Liner brush, paint Serengeti trees with Black and trunk and limbs topped with Bright Kiwi leaves. Let dry.
- Brush three coats Light Ginger to Giraffe. Let dry.
- Brush three coats Dark Ginger to spots. Let dry.
- Brush three coats Light Gray to hooves. Let dry.
- Use Liner brush dipped in Black to paint giraffe’s nostrils, mouth, eyes, tips of ears and line in center of hooves. Let dry.
- If base of cup is painted, stilt. If not place directly on kiln shelf. Fire to cone 06.
- Brush two solid coats of Pure Brilliance to inside of mug and base. Let dry.
- Stilt and re-fire to cone 06.