Serve your Fright Night cuisine with a ghoulish grin! Use Duncan® Shimmer Glazes™ to make this hand-painted skeleton plate sparkle with spooky personality.
1. Wipe plate with damp sponge to remove any bisque dust.
2. Trace skull and spider bodies onto shelf paper. Cut out.
3. Remove backing from spider and skull cutouts. Center skull on plate and spider bodies on rim as shown. Press firmly in place and around all edges to prevent color seepage.
4. Use the Fan Glaze to brush three coats of Dark Papaya on plate rim, painting over spider cutouts. Let dry.
5. Brush three coats of Black Diamond on center of plate, painting over the skull. Let dry.
6. Remove cutouts. Tip: Use a needle or the sharp tip of a craft knife to lift up cutouts.
7. Place clay carbon paper on skull design on plate and place pattern on top, aligning with edges.
8. Brush three coats of Really White in areas around the eyes, nose, etc. Let dry.
9. Brush three coats of Black Diamond in eyes, nose and jaw area.
10. Brush two coats of Hematite in shadowed areas of cheeks, forehead, etc., as shown in photo. Let dry.
11. Brush three coats of Black Diamond onto spider bodies, leaving an hourglass shape in the centers of backs. Fill in hourglass shapes with Ruby. Let dry.
12. Paint very fine lines simulating spider webs around rim of plate using Black E-Z Stroke Underglaze and the liner brush. Paint spider legs as well.
13. Brush two coats of Pure Brilliance onto back of plate. Let dry.
14. Brush a light coat of Pure Brilliance on the outer rim of plate. Let dry completely.
15. Stilt and fire to cone 06.