Brighten your day with a Georgia O’Keefe inspired work of art! Make this pretty poppy stand out with bright colors from Duncan® Concepts® Underglazes for Bisque.
1. Wipe plate with damp sponge to remove any bisque dust.
2. Enlarge poppy pattern a little larger than plate size.
3. Place clay carbon paper on plate with pattern on top and trace over lines to transfer design onto plate.
4. Referring to photo, brush three coats of Neon Orange onto upper edges of petals as shown.
5. Brush two coats of Neon Red onto remaining areas of poppy except the center. For the third coat, blend Neon Red into the Neon Orange areas as shown. Let dry.
6. Use the No. 6 Round to stipple Neon Orange dots in the center of poppy.
7. Stipple in dots of Black around the Neon Orange dots then use the No. 1 Liner to pull in short strokes of Black all around center. Add Black around outer edge of inner petals as shown.
8. Paint stem with Bright Kiwi, leaving small section unpainted for highlight. Line and detail stem with Black. Let dry.
9. Dilute Midnight Blue with water to a watercolor consistency.
10. Using the No. 10 Round, apply diluted color loosely around flower just to suggest sky in the background. Let dry.
11. Dryfoot in kiln and fire to cone 06.
12. Brush two coats of Pure Brilliance onto back of plate and onto the blue washed background on front. Brush one coat onto poppy. Let dry.
13. Stilt and fire to cone 06.