Sip something toasty from mugs made with love! Capture the flavors of fall with autumn leaves in watercolor hues from Duncan® E-Z Stroke® Translucent Underglazes.
“GIVE THANKS” MUG
1. Wipe mug with damp sponge to remove any bisque dust.
2. Place clay carbon paper on mug with pattern on top and trace over leaf pattern only to transfer onto mug.
3. Pour small puddles of E-Z Stroke colors on palette.
4. Dilute colors with a small amount of water until you reach a watercolor consistency.
5. Load No. 6 Round with diluted Ivy Green and brush in top leaf with two loose strokes.
6. Rinse brush and load with Yellow Orange and paint in next leaf, overlapping part of the green leaf.
7. Brush third leaf with Sierra Yellow in the same manner, overlapping part of the previous leaf.
8. Continue on with the next leaf in Brick Red. Continue filling in leaves with desired colors.
9. When dry, use the Detail brush dipped in a mixture of Brick Red and a small amount of Black to create brown, and paint a thin stem and vein lines in each leaf. Let dry.
10. Freehand “Give Thanks” as desired or use pattern and clay carbon paper to transfer onto cup, overlapping some leaves.
11. Paint letters with two coats of Black, using Detail brush.
12. Use the Fan Glaze brush and No. 6 Round to brush three coats of Dark Salsa onto inside of mug and handle. Let dry completely.
13. Dryfoot in kiln and fire to cone 06.
14. Brush two coats of Pure Brilliance onto outside of mug and one thin coat onto inside and handle. Let dry completely.
15. Stilt and fire to cone 06.
“I AM THANKFUL” MUG
16. Repeat above steps, blending Brick Red, Yellow Orange and Sierra Yellow into the large leaf.