Perfect for a gift or for serving a decadent Valentine’s Day dinner, this shimmery plate will capture your heart! Full of sparkly hearts made from Duncan® Shimmer Glazes®, it will definitely be love at first sight!
1. Wipe plate with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. Place heart plate face down on contact paper and trace with a marker. Cut out.
3. Create small hearts onto heart contact paper cutout and cut out using a craft knife.
4. Remove paper backing from heart stencil and carefully press on plate. Press around all edges to make sure they are sealed.
5. Shake bottles of Shimmer Ruby and Garnet and pour a puddle of each on palette.
6. Dip sponge into one of the colors and sponge 3 to 4 coats of each color over the heart cutouts, letting dry after each coat. After the final coat has lost its sheen but before it dries completely, remove stencil from plate. Let dry completely.
7. Use No. 1 Liner to abstractly outline hearts with 2 good coats of Black (refer to photo). Let dry.
8. Place on kiln shelf and fire to cone 06.
9. Brush a coat of Pure Brilliance onto back of plate and onto bisque areas of plate. Let dry then add a second coat to entire plate. Let dry completely.
10. Stilt and fire to cone 06.