This creepy Jack o’ Lantern box cracks a smile as it awaits you to fill it with tricks or treats. Use Duncan® Concepts® and Duncan® French Dimensions™ to turn an ordinary pumpkin into a frightful friend.
1. Wipe pumpkin box and lid with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. Brush three coats Neon Orange inside box and underside of lid. Let dry.
3. Brush three coats Ivory to outer pumpkin omitting stem.
4. Brush one heavy coat Dark Olive to stem. Wipe back to antique. Brush two good coats Light Olive over stem. Let dry.
5. Dip tip of Fan Glaze brush in Light Purple. Wipe off excess paint on paper towel and lightly brush areas of pumpkin to age.
6. Refer to pattern and lightly draw eyes, nose and line for mouth using pencil.
7. Paint two good coats of Light Saffron in eyes. Brush outer area of eyes with Neon Orange to create dimension.
8. Brush some diluted Light Purple around eyes and blend outward. Let dry.
9. Paint a finer line of Dark Purple around eyes and blend into the Light Purple. Dry.
10. Brush a line of Black around eyeball with a dot in center and paint in nose. Let dry.
11. Draw a line for mouth using French Dimensions Black Licorice and make stitch marks along line. Let dry.
12. Dip toothbrush into some Dark Purple, flick bristles back with finger to spatter areas of pumpkin box to create an aged appearance. Let dry.
13. Carefully brush a coat of Pure Brilliance to pumpkin box and lid. Let dry. Add a second coat. Let dry.
14. Stilt pumpkin box and lid and fire to cone 06.