1. Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. In paper cup, pour in some Very Black and thin with water to a light cream consistency. Pour into vase and roll it around to coat inside of vase. Drain off excess glaze back into paper cup and wipe back any drips or runs with damp sponge.
3. Use No. 6 Round to paint three coats Very Black to inside of lid.
4. Use No. 6 Round to apply three generous smooth coats of Saddle Clove to the lid and the upper raised section of vase. Let dry after each coat.
5. Using palette knife, stir Harvest Time, careful not to disturb crystals at bottom of jar. Pour a puddle onto palette, leaving crystals in jar.
6. Use No. 6 Round to apply two very generous coats of Harvest Time, without crystals, to the bottom section of the vase. Let dry after each coat.
7. With Palette Knife, mix the crystals into the remaining Harvest Time glaze in the bottom of the jar.
8. With No. 6 Round, apply a third generous coat of Harvest Time including crystals over the previously applied Harvest Time. Do not apply crystals too low or on the bottom of the vase.
9. Let dry 24 hours.
10. Stilt both pieces and fire to witness cone 06.