Those eyes! And florals and butterflies! This wow plate comes to life with Concepts® colors that make all the elements pop right off the surface of the Duncan Oh Four™ Bisque Geometrix Large Square Plate. Amazing!
- Wipe bisque with damp sponge to remove dust.
- Trace several small leaves onto shelf paper and place on cutting mat and use crafter’s knife to cut out. Set aside.
- Trace outline of floral section with butterflies (omit sprigs of leaves on top) on shiny side of shelf paper using pen. Cut out silhouette with crafter’s knife on cutting mat. Remove sticky backing and place cut out on right side of plate (refer to picture). Remove backing from small leaves cut out earlier. Position stencils at bottom left as pictured.
- Pour puddle of Really White on foil. Using cosmetic sponge, apply 2 coats in area with no stencils. Let dry between coats.
- Pour puddle of Light Grey and Bright Grey next to Really White on foil. Using Fan Glaze brush, brush third coat of Really White 2/3 of the way down. While paint is wet, brush Light Grey below blending into Really White. Below Light Grey (bottom section) brush a coat of Bright Grey blending into Light Grey. Let dry.
- Remove stencils. Position girl’s face pattern on white section of plate. Place clay carbon paper beneath pattern and trace over features with pencil.
- Pour puddles of Light and Bright Nautical, Dark Black and Really Red on foil.
- Using Liner or Round brush, apply the following colors. Let dry between coats. Two coats of Bright Nautical above and below eyes. Two coats of Really Red on lips leaving some white for highlight. Two coats of Light Nautical in iris’ of eyes. One coat of Dark Black for shadow under nose and lower lip. Let dry.
- Using Liner brush, apply Black lines on eyelid, lashes, lower part of eye, pupil leaving white dot for highlight, line around nostrils and center lip separation. Use Light Grey around nostril and tip of nose (refer to picture). Add some Bright Nautical around pupils leaving Light Nautical showing around bottom area.
- On another sheet of foil, pour separate puddle of Light and Dark Pink, Dark Papaya, Light Saffron and Light and Bright Kiwis.
- Refer to picture for colors. Apply 3 coats of base colors on flowers and butterflies. Let dry between each coat. Add 1 heavy coat of darker shade for shadows. Two butterflies - Light Saffron shadowed with Dark Papaya in areas closest to body. Remaining butterfly - Bright Nautical. Detail all butterflies with Dark Black. Flowers - Light Pink shadowed with Dark Pink, Light Saffron shadowed with Dark Papaya and Really Red shadowed with a mixture of Really Red and a small amount of Dark Black. All flower centers - Light Saffron centers. Detail flowers with Dark Black.
- Paint background greenery with Light and Bright Kiwis darkening areas with some Dark Black mixed with Bright Kiwi (refer to picture). Let dry.
- Transfer upper leaves using clay carbon paper. Dab Light Grey in top area with sponge. Use Liner brush to paint one stroke leaves by dipping brush in Light Grey and dipping other side of brush in Bright Grey. When leaves are completed, paint a fine line for stems with Bright Grey. Repeat with darker leaves and stems on bottom white leaves. Let dry.
- Using Fan Glaze brush, apply 2 coats of Clear Glaze on back of plate. Let dry between coats.
- Sponge a light coat of Clear Glaze on face, florals and remainder of plate. Let dry. Brush a second coat over plate using Fan Glaze brush. Let dry.
- Stilt and fire to shelf cone 06.