- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any dust.
- Sketch designs onto box lids, using pencil.
- Outline floral design with Black Licorice, being careful not to smudge design as it dries. Let dry thoroughly.
- Apply 3 coats of Dark Black to appropriate areas of design, using No. 6 Round brush and No. 1 Liner brush as needed. Let dry after each coat.
- Add Bright Saffron to flower center on the large lid, using No.1 Liner brush.
- Apply 1 coat of Clear to Dark Black and Bright Saffron design areas, using No. 6 Round brush.
- Apply 2 coats of Clear to background areas of lids, using No. 6 Round brush or No. 1 Liner brush as appropriate. Let dry thoroughly after each coat.
- Gently shake each jar of Crystal Glazes. Apply 2 coats of Cranberry Frost to flower on small lid, Spring Meadow to medium lid and Water Lilies to large lid to flower shapes, butting color next to French Dimensions. Let dry after each coat. Thoroughly mix glaze crystals throughout remaining glazes. Apply 1 coat of appropriate glaze to flower shapes. Let dry.
- Apply 2 coats of Parchment to bottom of small box, Celadon to bottom of medium box and Mocha Cream to bottom of large box, using 1” Glaze Brush. Let dry after each coat.
- Stilt and fire each piece to witness cone 06.
- After fired, handle pieces with a paper towel to prevent hand oils from penetrating crackle glaze and interfering with antiquing. Place a small amount of Black Acrylic onto a piece of foil. Thin with water. Brush mixture onto crackle glaze areas of vase, using No. 6 Round brush. Wipe off excess color before dry, using paper towels.
WEB08_C010, 011, 012