Spark your creativity with this vibrant Fire Flower Vase, made brilliant with Duncan® Oh Four™ Bisque covered in Concepts® Underglazes and accents from French Dimensions™.
- Wipe vase with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Place carbon paper on vase and lay pattern on top, then use pencil to trace over pattern to transfer design onto vase.
- Pour a puddle of Light Saffron onto foil. Referring to photo for color placement, paint three coats of Light Saffron on petals around vase using the No. 10 Round and letting dry between each coat.
- Pour a puddle of Light Pink on foil and brush three coats around vase, starting in the middle and working up toward the top, blending into the Light Saffron and letting dry after each application.
- Pour a puddle of Really Red on foil and referring to photo, brush three coats on the top half of petals, blending down into the Light Pink. Let dry between coats.
- Use pencil to lightly reestablish pattern over colors.
- Pour both Light Kiwi and Dark Kiwi on foil. Paint in leaves at base with three coats of Light Kiwi, letting dry between coats. Paint sides of leaves with Dark Kiwi and over the lower base. Let dry.
- Squeeze Licorice French Dimensions over pencil lines separating petals and leaves. Let dry. TIP: If Licorice French Dimensions is difficult to squeeze out, remove cap and add a few drops of Thin ‘n Shade to bottle then stir with a bamboo skewer.
- Pour a small amount of Dark Black on foil and use the No. 1 Liner to add detail to flower by making fine lines within the petals. Let dry.
- Paint top inside of vase and top area of neck with three coats of Dark Black, letting dry between coats. Let dry.
- Pour needed amount of Pure Brilliance™ Clear Glaze in a paper cup. Thin with water to a milky consistency and pour into vase. Roll around to coat inside and drain back into cup. Let dry. Carefully brush one coat of undiluted Pure Brilliance on vase. Let dry.
- Fire to shelf cone 06.