Show off your burning desire for creative artistry with the Duncan® Oh Four® Puzzle Vases. Toss in Courtyard Art Glazes®, Crackles Glazes™ and OS™ Opaque Acrylics and watch your project burst into life.
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Shake bottle of Pure Brilliance® and pour some into the clean container. Dilute with a little water to create a milky consistency.
- Pour glaze into vases, roll around to coat insides and pour out excess. Let dry.
- Trace pattern onto tracing paper. Position pattern on each vase with graphite paper in between. Trace over pattern with pencil to transfer.
- Using No. 4 Liner and No. 10 Round as necessary, paint three coats Rich Rust around flames on outside of all sides of vases. Use Fan Glaze brush to apply three coats to upper insides of vases. Let dry after each coat.
- Shake bottle of Parchment Crackle. Using No. 4 Liner, paint edges of flames butting up to the Rich Rust. Fill in larger areas with No. 10 Round. Let dry after each coat.
- Stilt in kiln and fire to witness cone 06. Let cool.
- Slightly dilute Chocolate Fudge on palette. Using No. 10 Round, apply in small areas of the crackled flames. Wipe back paint with a soft cloth or tissue to reveal cracks.