This medieval styled mug is fiercely designed with a fire-breathing dragon head and body. The neck doubles as a handle and the red and gold accents give it the finishing touches.
For best results, please read all instructions before beginning project. Refer to photo for color and design placement.
- Wipe mug with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Brush three coats of Bright Straw to dragon’s face, eyes, teeth and throat.
- Brush three coats Really Red to top of dragon’s head and neck, lightly brushing across the yellowed face and neck to create a mottled look. Continue painting red over body (including base). Leave wings and toenails unpainted.
- Brush three coats Black to wings, toenails and horns. Let dry.
- Use Liner brush to paint design around eyes, eyeballs, nostrils, horns and decoration in dragon’s crest. Let dry.
- Stilt dragon on kiln shelf and fire to cone 06.
- Pour small puddle of Fired Gold on palette. Coat tips of No. 3 Fan brush with gold and very lightly brush across the dragon’s scales on neck and body and tip of crest on head. If desired, lightly brush across wings and/or use end of brush and dab a few small gold dots. Embellish as desired. Let dry.
- Stilt dragon and fire to cone 018.
When working with gold, work in a well-ventilated area. Clean brush with Essence and wash with mild soap and water. Use same brush for gold applications only.