Whether you’re serving tea for many or tea for one, you won’t want the party to end when you use the Duncan® Oh Four™ Tea Party Collection decorated with Cover-Coat® Opaque Underglazes.
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any bisque dust.
- Make a 50/50 mix of Arctic White and water and apply one coat to the entire surface of each piece. This will ensure that the Cover-Coat® colors bond well to the bisque surface.
- To transfer patterns onto pieces, place thin tissue paper over each pattern and trace with pencil, then place tissue paper with pattern onto piece where design belongs (refer to photo) and trace over design with fine-tip felt pen. Note: The markings will burn off when the pieces are fired.
- Using photo as a guide, apply three coats of each color onto pieces, applying Arctic White first and Cobalt Crystal Black last.
- For the Sungold Yellow and Tomato Red striped areas, apply three coats of Sungold Yellow on the entire stripe, let dry, then apply two coats of Tomato Red to the horizontal stripes. Allow all colors to dry thoroughly between coats. Clean up any misplaced color.
- Thoroughly shake and mix the Black Licorice French Dimensions™. Test on paper towel. If color is too thick, remove cap and add a few drops of Thin ‘n Shade, mix with a craft skewer and test again.
- Using photo as a guide, use Black Licorice to outline details (with solid lines and dots) on each piece as shown. For ease, apply to one side of each piece, allow the product to dry, then apply to the other side. Clean up any misplaced color.
- Stilt and fire to witness cone 04.
- Pour some Pure Brilliance™ Clear Glaze into a paper cup and thin with water to a creamy consistency. Pour into the inside of each piece, including the lids, and roll around until the inside is coated. Pour out excess back into paper cup. Apply two flowing coats of Pure Brilliance™ to the outside of each piece, allowing the glaze to dry thoroughly between coats.
- Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.