- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Use the No. 4 Liner to brush three coats of Light Pink onto the thinner stripes on crown, letting dry between coats. Make sure to fill in the stripes on the ball of crown as well. Leave the very top ball unpainted. Refer to photo.
- Brush one coat of Light Pink on the jewels on band of crown.
- Use the No. 1 Liner to paint three coats of Dark Pink on the thin raised borders on each side of the Light Pink stripes, including those on the ball of crown, and the raised borders around the band of crown. Let dry between coats.
- Use Fan Glaze to brush two coats of Pure Brilliance® Clear Glaze over entire crown, letting dry between coats.
- Stilt in kiln and fire to witness cone 06.
Applying Bright Gold Overglaze:
- Make sure there is adequate ventilation in area. Clean ceramic tile or dish with rubbing alcohol and let dry.
- Pour a puddle of Essence on clean area of tile and swish the No. 1 and No. 4 Liner bristles in Essence to clean. Wipe bristles with a paper towel. Shake bottle of Bright Gold Overglaze well and pour a small amount on tile.
- Dip the No. 4 Liner in Bright Gold and paint the knob on top of crown. Let dry. Note: Be careful not to apply Bright Gold too heavily, as the color may bleed. If color bleeds, you may clean with a cotton swab dipped in Essence. If you clean an area, make sure it is wiped totally clean, as it may appear clean but may show smudges after firing.
- Continue using the No. 1 and No. 4 Liner brushes to create dots down the pink vertical stripes on crown, then to fill in the base of crown and make dots on the jewels as shown. Let dry.
- When you are finished using Bright Gold, thoroughly clean your brushes in Essence. Do not return any excess Overglaze to the bottle as it may be contaminated with other particles from brushes or toothpick.
- Stilt in kiln and re-fire to witness cone 018.