- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Brush three coats of Light Wintergreen on frog’s chin, belly area and between toes, letting dry between coats.
- Use a pencil to lightly draw in iris and pupil for each eye. Refer to photo.
- Use the No. 1 Liner to paint three coats of Black in pupil, leaving a small white dot unpainted for highlight. Let dry between coats.
- With the same brush, paint two coats of Bright Green into the iris, letting dry between coats.
- Use palette knife to gently stir glaze in Spring Meadow jar, being careful not to mix in large crystals at the bottom of jar. Pour some into a paper cup. Using the No. 10 and No. 6 Round as needed, brush two coats of Spring Meadow onto legs and backside of frog, letting dry between coats.
- Use palette knife to stir large crystals in jar into the rest of the glaze then add to paper cup. Brush a third coat of Spring Meadow onto frog, making sure to add large crystals but being careful not to place them too close to eyes or areas butting up to another color. Let dry.
- Use the No. 1 Liner to brush three coats of Dark Pink around bottom of crown and on every other stripe around crown, letting dry between coats.
- Paint toenails with two good coats of Dark Pink, letting dry between coats.
- Brush two coats of Pure Brilliance® Clear Glaze on eyes, crown, belly and any other areas not covered by the Spring Meadow Crystals Glaze™. Let dry completely.
- Stilt and fire frog to witness cone 06.
Applying Bright Gold Overglaze:
- Make sure there is adequate ventilation in area. Clean ceramic tile or dish with rubbing alcohol and let dry. Shake bottle of Bright Gold Overglaze well and pour a very small amount on tile.
- Dip tip of toothpick into the puddle of Bright Gold and make three or four dots down the pink vertical stripes on crown and around base of crown. Let dry.
- Pour a puddle of Essence on clean area of tile and swish No. 1 Liner bristles in Essence to clean. Wipe bristles with a paper towel.
- Dip the No. 1 Liner in Bright Gold and paint the knob on top of crown. Let dry. Note: Be careful not to apply Bright Gold too heavily, as the color may bleed. If color bleeds, you may clean with a cotton swab dipped in Essence. If you clean an area, make sure it is wiped totally clean, as it may appear clean but may show smudges after firing.
- When you are finished using Bright Gold, thoroughly clean your brush in Essence. Do not return any excess Overglaze to the bottle as it may be contaminated with other particles from brush or toothpick.
- Stilt frog and re-fire to witness cone 018.