Give texture and uniqueness to the Duncan® Oh Four™ Bisque Square Collection Platter with etched floral accents brought to life with luxurious Designer Glazes™. It’s the look and feel of a true original.
1. Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. Use the Fan Glaze to apply three coats of Seafoam Sateen onto entire front of platter, letting dry between coats.
3. On reverse side of plate, use the Fan Glaze to apply three coats of Forest Flannel to entire backside, letting dry between coats.
4. Brush one good coat of Forest Flannel just on rim of platter over the dried Seafoam Sateen. Let dry until color has lost its sheen.
5. Use pencil to trace pattern onto tracing paper.
6. Lay white transfer paper on one corner of platter and lay (tracing paper) flower pattern on top; trace over to transfer image onto platter. Repeat with remaining corners. Find the center of each side and transfer flower pattern at the center of each long side. Refer to photo.
7. Transfer leaf patterns in the same manner to fill in areas between flowers. Refer to photo.
8. Use Sgraffito-Duster to carve over images on platter, following pattern lines and dusting off excess paint as you go.
9. For the center of platter, transfer only the outline of the center flowers. Paint inside of outline with one good coat of Forest Flannel. Let dry until color has lost its sheen then lay transfer paper on top with pattern; trace and transfer flower lines. Refer to photo.
10. Use Sgraffito-Duster to carve over lines; dust off color crumbs. Let dry completely.
11. Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.