The Duncan® Oh Four® wine cooler is the perfect gift for yourself or the wine lover in your life. Duncan® Concepts® and French Dimensions™ help you surround it with colorful ornaments that add just the right holiday touch.
1. Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. Measure 3” up from bottom of wine cooler. Place painter’s tape above 3” mark and around entire cooler.
3. Shake bottle of Heirloom Silver well. Using Fan Glaze brush, apply two coats to the bottom 3” of cooler. Brush a lighter coat as you near the base to avoid drips. Let dry after each coat. On the third coat, brush down from tape stopping at about an inch or so before reaching bottom. Let dry. (NOTE: Paint will run if heavy application is applied too closely to the base of ware.)
4. Roughly determine the positions of the five ornaments and with pencil, lightly mark placement on ware. Using pattern, trace ornaments onto tracing paper. Pencil over tracing on back side of tracing and lay right side up on determined position on cooler. Trace over the ornament cap only. Complete ornament will be transferred later.
5. Using the Liner brush, paint two coats of the Heirloom Silver in the ornament cap. Do not apply too heavily. Let dry thoroughly after each coat.
6. Dry foot cooler (place directly on kiln shelf) and fire to cone 04.
7. Using the tracing paper, transfer five ornaments around the cooler placing them below the silver caps.
8. Paint three coats of the different colors, one on each ornament. Let dry after each coat. (You will repeat one of the colors for the fifth ornament.)
9. When the paint is still a little damp, but dry to the touch, use pencil to freehand your own designs or as shown onto ornaments.
10. Use Stylus to scratch designs until you have carved down to the white bisque and your design shows through the painted ornaments. Lightly brush off paint chips with brush. Let dry.
11. Using No. 1 Liner brush, carefully paint the hangers and strings with Black. Let dry.
12. On paper towel, test French Dimensions for easy flow. Paint a scalloped edging along top edge of the Silver base (refer to photo). Make small dots under the ornament caps just above the ornament. Refer to photo. Let dry.
13. Lightly brush the ornaments with one coat Pure Brilliance being careful not to brush over the silver cap. Let dry.
14. Brush two coats Pure Brilliance inside the cooler. Let dry after each coat.
15. Carefully brush a coat of Pure Brilliance over the French Dimension scallop along the edge of the Silver base. Continue brushing Pure Brilliance over the remainder of the cooler. Let dry. Apply a second coat to the white areas of the cooler. Let dry.
16. Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.