Spruce up your surroundings without paying hefty designer fees! The Duncan® Oh Four™ Smooth Simple Vase is the perfect accent to any room. Coat it in rich, earthy colors from the Designer Glazes™ line and add touches of French Dimensions™ for a piece that only looks expensive!
- Lightly wipe ware with damp sponge to remove any bisque dust.
- Using a pencil, lightly sketch a line around vase about one quarter of the way down from the top.
- Thoroughly shake and mix the Black Licorice French Dimensions™. Shake the color down to the tip of the bottle. Apply the Black Licorice in varied wavy lines on the lid and on the vase from the pencil line down to the bottom of vase. Make the lines approximately ¼" apart. Let dry thoroughly.
- Pour an amount of Seafoam Sateen into a paper cup and thin with water to a creamy consistency. Pour inside the vase and roll around to coat the entire inside then pour out the excess glaze.
- Using the Fan Glaze brush, apply three flowing coats of Seafoam Sateen to the top portion of vase above pencil line, letting dry between coats.
- Using the No. 6 Round, apply three flowing coats of Forest Flannel to the remaining areas of the vase and lid, applying the color carefully over the Black Licorice. Let dry between coats.
- Thoroughly shake and mix the Taupe French Dimensions™. Shake the color down to the tip of the bottle. Apply the Taupe in small random dots within the wavy lines on the vase and lid.
- Stilt and fire to witness cone 06.
- Add raffia or embellishments to lid as desired.