The sloped design of these bowls help the crystals slide and produce dramatic and unpredictable results! Each one will be its own unique piece of art!
- For each of the pieces, follow the general instructions, altering each for the fired color and Color Burst Chips as listed.
- Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
- Using either the Fan Glaze brush or the No. 6 Round as needed, apply two flowing coats of the designated glaze to the bowl, allowing the glaze to dry thoroughly between coats.
- Place an amount of the Color Burst Crystals on a plate or in a bowl, pour out a small amount of glaze onto the foam plate or foil and mix in an amount of the crystal chips. Using the No. 6 Round, load the glaze with crystals on the brush and apply to the lip and down the inside edge of the bowl, moving the crystals around for the desired placement. A heavier concentration of crystals will cause more color intensity and movement from the crystals, a lighter or more spaced amount of crystals will create a more dotted pattern of crystal bursts, and larger crystal chunks will create a larger color burst and flow, as a small crystal will create a tiny color spot. Let dry thoroughly.
- Stilt and fire to cone 06.
For each bowl as shown:
- CN 508 Chutney Spice; Crystals: White Hot, Pitch Black
- DG 206 Forest Flannel; Crystals: White Hot, Pitch Black, Red Eruption, Green Thunder
- SN 367 Banana Cream; Crystals: Pitch Black, Red Eruption, Purple Blaze
- IN 1047 Roasted Pepper; Crystals: Pitch Black, Red Eruption, White Hot
- AG 412 Java Frost; Crystals: Blue Surge, Green Thunder
- CY 110 Iron Ore; Crystals: Yellow Burst, Orange Blast, White Hot