Sponge on complementary colors from the Duncan® Concepts® Sprinkles collection as a dreamy background for some geometric solid color accents to create a matching mug and plate set that’s just right for everyday use.
1. Wipe ware with damp sponge to remove bisque dust.
2. Using sponge, load in one color at a time and randomly sponge sections all over each piece, feathering the edges out a bit instead of a hard line between each area. Rinse sponge and continue with the next color, slightly overlapping and blending the prior color. Repeat for each color and applying a total of three coats. Let dry thoroughly.
3. Use pencil to sketch the circles on both the plate and the bottom edge of the mug.
4. Thin the Dark Delft with a small amount of water and use No. 1 Liner to apply three bands to each piece, spacing them approximately ½” apart. Apply the Dark Delft so that the color appears solid.
5. Add narrow lines between the circles as shown, keeping the lines random so they are different on each circle and not aligned. Keep these loose and uneven in spacing for variation and interest. Allow to dry.
6. Using the Fan Glaze Brush, apply one flowing coat of Pure Brilliance to each piece. Apply a second coat to the inside of the mug.
7. Stilt and fire to cone 06.